DIY Easter Egg Hanging Decoration
Simple DIY Easter Decor in a few easy steps!
What I love about this decoration is that it is easily interchangeable. You can make it into whatever you want it to be by hanging little birds, or rabbits on it instead. Just add your creative touch and it will become your own version.
1. Long Wooden Branch
2. Egg Decor of any kind
3. Fishing Line
4. Glue Gun or Super Glue
6. Flexible Thin Wire
7. Two hooks for hanging
1. Long wooden branch - You can easily get one at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, as well as in a forest ;-) My son and husband like to carve wood, so we found one in the woods and they carved the bark off.
2. Egg decor of any kind. I got mine in Germany, but I also found these felt eggs on Amazon as well as these really cute painted wooden eggs. You can really use anything you like, as well as your own homemade blown out eggs. Click on the link and learn how.
3. Fishing Line - I wanted them to be floating, but you could also use yarn or twine to hang the eggs.
Fasten the string to the eggs. Since mine had twine already attached, I just threaded the fishing line through and cut off the twine.
4. Glue Gun - Make sure you use extra glue from a glue gun or super glue to glue at the base of the string and the top of the egg. This will ensure the fishing wire doesn't come loose.
5. Scissors- cut off any excess fishing line or twine, but make sure you finish measuring where you want your eggs before this process.
*disclaimer - This article may contain affiliate links. If you click on an image and purchase from Amazon, I will receive a commission. I will never recommend a product that I don't stand by and believe to be useful. Thanks for the support!
6. Flexible Thin Wire - With your wire tie a knot around each end of the wood. Mold your wire into loops that can hang from your ceiling hooks. There's my cat Bob getting fresh with the eggs.