THE Softest and BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe
Simple and yummy
I know that you may not believe me when I say there are literally the best sugar cookies you will ever eat, so I guess you will just need to make them to find out.
When I was younger, our visits to my Grandmas house were always greeted with a warm, soft sugar cookie. My favorite version was and always will be just plain, but there are so many different cookies you can make them into! But I think they are that good they don't need anything except a glass of milk, and you will literally be blown away.
This lady is a rockstar when it comes to making the most simple dishes into something amazing. She even wrote her own cookbook back in the day that sits on my self and is frequently used. I, of course, asked her permission to share it with you all and she said yes. You should feel special because this one is a family treasure.
The Softest Sugar Cookie
Recipe by Grandma Hand
Yields: 2 1/2 to 3 dozen
Prep and baking time: 1 hour
1/2 c (1 stick) softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c sour cream
3 c all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix butter and sugar, followed by the egg, vanilla, and sour cream.
3. Mix dry ingredients and slowly incorporate into wet ingredients.
4. Form into golf ball sized balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness with the bottom of a drinking glass.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown around edges. Tops should spring back when touched with your finger.
M&M - After cookies are flattened, press M&M's into them.
Lemon - Substitute 4 tsp lemon extract for vanilla.
Peanut Butter - add in 1/2 c peanut butter to wet ingredients. Flatten with a fork instead of glass.